Cleaning and disinfection of automotive restrooms
Dirt means death, especially in today's social media posting and sharing. A single customer's negative experience with a company or brand can spread as quickly as germs in a dirty toilet.
A key factor influencing consumer perceptions of cleanliness is odor. Combining good home and toilet cleaning habits with clean, fresh-smelling deodorants and other products can make a big difference in perception, which features a fresh lavender scent and is a favorite among consumers.
Regular and proper cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms prevent them and customer restrooms from becoming infected with viruses. A general rule for effective and efficient restroom sanitation is to start with the cleaner areas and then proceed to the more soiled sections. Following this guideline and the procedures outlined below, the potential for cross-contamination of germs and bacteria will be greatly reduced.
Prepare for the cleaning and disinfection job
Assemble your equipment and products and supplies. Depending on the size of the restroom your equipment may include:
- Restroom cart
- Microfiber mop, bucket, and wringer
- Toilet bowl brush and caddy
- Broom and dustpan
- “Caution-Wet Floor” and/or “Restroom Closed” signs
Be sure to have the following chemical products on hand:
- Bacterial/enzymatic products
- Bowl & urinal cleaner and screens
- Ready-to-use (RTU) disinfectant solution
- Floor Cleaner
- Glass/mirror cleaner
- Air freshener
Finally, assemble the remaining supplies:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including rubber gloves and protective eyewear
- Disposable wiping cloths
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper for drying hands
- Trash can liners
- Dusting cloths, hygiene supplies
Now, ensure the restroom is empty and place the appropriate “Restroom Closed” and “Wet Floor” sign just outside the door. However, leave the door propped open so customers can see you are cleaning.
Restroom cleaning checklist for automotive facilities:
To clean toilets in automotive restrooms, you can follow these simple and quick steps:
- Flush the toilet and remove any visible soil with a multi-purpose cleaner or disinfectant.
- Scrub inside the toilet with a toilet brush, paying attention to the rim and waterline areas.
- Wipe over the toilet seat and metal surfaces with a cloth and disinfectant or wipes.
- Place any urinal filters in a bucket of disinfectant solution and clean them later.
Here is a detailed cleaning checklist for the automotive restrooms that you can apply if you have time for cleaning and disinfecting it:
- Flush all toilets and urinals.
- Remove debris from the urinal.
- Spray or apply disinfectant to high-touch surfaces. Nyco's Sani-Spritz spray and his Kwik-Step bathroom cleaner are both very good for this purpose. Leave sanitizer on sink faucets, door handles, flush plates, dispensers, around bowls, toilet seats, toilet bowl handles, and urinals.
- Apply toilet cleaner to the inside of the toilet bowl or urinal. Wipe the inside of the pool. Inspect and remove old/damaged bowl blocks, urinal screens/blocks, or debris.
- Replace and replenish soap, toilet paper, towels, and deodorant products.
- Sweep the floor according to the amount of paper and garbage on the floor.
- Clean mirror and stainless steel surfaces.
- Wipe clean all “contact surfaces” sprayed with disinfectant, except for toilet/urinal handles and toilet seats. Change wipes frequently. Do not use the same wipes on different devices to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- Wipe down the inside of the toilet bowl and urinal and rinse again. Install a new MARVALOSA odor control urinal screen in the urinal every 30 days.
- Wipe the sanitizer from the toilet/urinal handle.
- Wipe off the disinfectant on the toilet seat.
- Spray the bottom of toilets, under urinals, and drains with an enzyme solution to further reduce odor. Empty the trash can and replace the trash bag.
- Moisten and wipe floors with an appropriately diluted MARVALOSA Multi-Purpose Cleaner and Deodorizer. Then let floors dry.
- Remove “wet floors” and/or “restrooms closed” signs.
With proper restroom cleaning practices and the use of MARVALOSA restroom odor control products, your customers will feel better and your business will enjoy higher levels of loyalty and repeat rates.
Automotive restroom disinfection
Since this step will use harsher chemicals, you must do some trial and error and have a choice. Are you satisfied with your clean car or do you want it disinfected too? Are you worried about disinfecting wipes damaging your surfaces? If you want to continue cleaning and disinfecting to clean the toilet thoroughly, you need the right tools and cleaners not to damage the surface of everything in it.
Remember, cleaning those areas requires wetting them for 10-20 seconds depending on what you're using. If you want to disinfect, those areas must be kept moist for a few minutes. How deep you want to clean is up to you.
Cleaning and disinfection tips
Different strategies for cleaning automotive restrooms depend on the type of waste and equipment involved. Some general tips are:
Use an automated cleaning system to reduce cleaning time and chemical use.
Clean from top to bottom, dry to wet, and towards the exit door.
Wear gloves and protective gear when handling solvents or other hazardous materials.
Dispose of solvent wastes properly according to local regulations.
Automotive restrooms are always a tough one!
Automotive restrooms are always one of the most troublesome when it comes to because they are so disgusting and difficult to clean. The stain will stick tightly, so the longer you leave it, the more difficult it will be to treat. The above article will show you the ways and equipment needed to complete that difficult task.
Need some tips? We’re here to help!
Are you struggling to find information about cleaning and disinfection of automotive restrooms? Refer to our article above to reach your goal of finding information. Alo you may like to know about Automotive Technology.
Major: Business Administration, but I'm looking to try my hand at marketing. Hobby: Sports and photography Job: Ads rating/freelancer content Desire: to experience many areas of marketing to find the aspect that I like the most